Sunday, August 5, 2012

A cuppa of health, without sugar

Sugar is not my enemy. I have a sweet tooth, (yes, I have a sweet tooth! and I do eat sweets) and I do occasionally indulge without guilt. However, in the last 3 weeks, I discovered that even a slight alteration could be extremely effective for my body. I am not big on the Indian chai but I do like my two cups of tea in the morning and evening. All I did was stop taking sugar in my cuppa of chai. Inspired from Pooja Makhija's new book, 'Eat. Delete', I decided to try this change and it dropped one kg off my frame in a matter of a week. (along with 2 to 3 high intensity coupled with 2 Pilates workouts during that period). Let's say you don't workout as much. That time period could extend to 2 to 2 and 1/2 half weeks. That is a good change too.

Cutting artificial sugar DOES make a BIG difference, especially when you compliment it with exercise. 
Sure, chai may taste different for the first few times. Chances are you are already dipping a confectionery in it which already contains extra sugar. You can retain the 2 biscuits and lose the sugar. Try it. Next time you order chai, order it without sugar and in all likelihood, you may end up with a cuppa of health.

No comments:

Post a Comment